Week 30 progress
This week has been full of surprises, both good and bad. But I did manage to make some progress. As I planned, I got to write about the Command Query Responsibility Segregation (CQRS) pattern.
I wanted to start writing about Event-Driven Architectures (EDA), but didn't get to it. Hospital visits are difficult to combine with distraction-free writing.. ;-)
I'm about 60% done with the third volume at this point.
There were ~34 visits this week on the landing page, but no sale. I feel like the third volume should have a good impact on the sales. First, because it will be a big milestone forward, but also because it should be of interest to many developers out there.
On other news, the SaaS startup project that I've been working on for the last two years is now on pause for 2-3 months. I wrote about this in my newsletter (https://mailchi.mp/fb661753d54a/developassion-newsletter), and also blogged about the journey a while ago on Medium. While this is very bad news (financially speaking), it's also an opportunity for me to move forward faster on other fronts, including Dev Concepts. Anyways, more on this later ;-)
Next week, I'll finally write about Event-Driven Architectures (EDA), and hopefully also about Event Sourcing (ES), which are two very closely related and very interesting subjects. Event-sourced systems have superpowers that other applications don't have. I intend to make this really clear and visual in Volume 3 :)
That's it for today!