Week 11 progress
This week has been rather calm.
I've made steady progress on part 2 (what clients need). I wrote about requirements (functional, non-functional, the discovery process), user-centered design (user research, jobs to be done, design thinking), and will continue next with user experience.
I've reached 50% of the second chapter, but it took me a bit longer than expected. I wanted to add more details about user-centered design, so the chapter will be heavier than anticipated initially.
There were no new pre-orders this week, even though I've announced the end of the pre-orders at the end of February. I'll try to make a bit more noise about that during the month, to remind it to my audience (assuming some might be interested).
I still have a really hard time reaching interested people; I get near-zero traction for my posts about the book, and very few interactions.
I only got ~40 visits on the landing page, down 55% from last week. It's really bad. I'm thinking about running an ad on Twitter/FB/LinkedIn for a few bucks to see if I can raise more interest in the product.
This is demotivating, but it must mean that I have to adapt my approach. Don't know yet how, though.
Next week, I'll continue working on part 2. I hope that I'll be able to finish it, but I doubt it; I think it'll take me one more week. The UX section is the most important one in the chapter, and I have tons of notes to go through and integrate. We'll see how that goes!
That's it for today!
If you've enjoyed this article and want to read more like this, then subscribe to my newsletter and check out my Dev Concepts collection of e-books about Software Development 🔥.
You can follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dSebastien 🐦
If you want to discuss, then don't hesitate to join one of my communities: the Software Crafters community, the Personal Knowledge Management community, and the focusd Productivity community